Inside the June Vegan Box this month you’ll have found a delicious sachet of Love My Earth Keralan Curry powder & Mustard seeds, a delicious blend of certified organic herbs and spices.
I thought that I would give it a go one day after I felt a serious craving for curry. I can tell you now, before you make it that you will be seriously impressed by your cooking skills. The recipe is relatively straightforward and it tastes great!
– 2 tablespoons of our Keralan Curry Mild Powder
– 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
– 400mls of coconut milk
– 600g of cauliflower florets and halved green beans
– 1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
– 2 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
– 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
– 1 teaspoon of ginger finely chopped
– 1 onion finely chopped
– 2 fresh limes
– 1 tablespoon of oil
– 1 handful of coriander stalks
– Coriander leaves to garnish.
1. In a good processor add garlic, ginger, onion, coriander stalks, coconut and blend to a paste.
2. In a large saucepan add oil and fry mustard seeds. Then add paste and fry.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of Kerala Mix and fry until fragrant.
4. Pour in coconut milk and water, mix into a sauce.
5. Add a handful of sliced cherry tomatoes and bring to the boil.
6. Add the cauliflower and green beans and simmer until cooked.
7. Steam 1 cup of white basmati rice and set aside.
8. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the curry and mix.
9. Season and serve with lime wedges, coriander and basmati rice.
That’s it! How easy is that?
While it isn’t super spicy, it is really nice as a lunch when you can’t be bothered to spend a lot of time cooking.