If you thought the Morlife Hemp Falafel Mix in our November boxes was just for making falafels…..well, you’d be wrong!
While we are loving seeing all of your delicious falafel creations, we thought you might like to see what else can be created with this SUPER easy, SUPER nutritious mix.
From the Morlife recipe pages:
These hemp falafel burgers are the real deal. Featuring stacks of fresh, delicious ingredients, they’re surprisingly not hard to make! All you’ll be cooking is the Hemp Falafel patty which is the protein source in this meal and also the main flavour maker. Thanks to our Hemp Falafel Mix though, this patty is an absolute dream; you won’t need a food processor and you’ll be cooking in no time.
CHARCOAL BUN HEMP FALAFEL PATTY BURGER
PREP + COOK TIME: 30 min
100 mL water
Olive oil (spray and liquid)
100 g Morlife Hemp Falafel Mix
1 sachet (28 g) Morlife Spinach, Herb & Onion SuperDip Mix or similar
250 mL (1 cup) unsweetened coconut yoghurt
2 charcoal bread buns
½ avocado (thinly sliced)
1 can sliced pineapple
6 cherry tomatoes
Handful snow pea sprouts
STEP BY STEP
Falafels (Patties) (alternatively you can bake them):
- Heat frypan over medium-high heat
- In a bowl, combine falafel mix (100g) with 100 mL of water and stir
- Allow water to absorb for 5 minutes and stir again
- With damp hands, shape falafel mix into small to medium patties (roughly the size of the burger buns)
- Add and melt coconut oil in the pan and place patties in pan
- Cook for a few minutes, checking the underside of the patties. Once golden and browned, flip and cook other side. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the contents of Spinach, Herb & Onion SuperDip Mix into 250 mL of unsweetened coconut yoghurt and combine
- To assemble, place the base of each charcoal bun on a serving surface
- Layer each bun base with dip, snow pea sprouts, patty, more dip, tomatoes, pineapple, cucumber, spinach and avocado
- To finalise top the burger with the other charcoal bun and pierce with skewer if needed
There are a small number of November Vegan boxes featuring the Morlife falafel mix inside as well as the other great Vegan brands we supported this month.
Head here to grab one now and make sure you tag us in your Morlife creations! #theveganbox #morlife_
Howdy! I’m Danielle. The Vegan Box is based on the beautiful Gold Coast, Australia. I’m Mumma of two, Wifey of one, under the thumb of one fur baby and I do ALL OF THE THINGS for The Vegan Box.