‘Nothin’ a cup of tea can’t solve’ is a grandiose statement I have bandied about quite a bit in my time. But it is my firm belief there is little a loving brew can’t do. There’s a magical little herbal blend for every ailment or mood under the sun. Packed full of antioxidants, a top way to add more healing herbs into your diet, super hydrating and providing endless opportunity for the use of puns — this is one of the best things you can sip on folks. It’s time to get fifty shades of earl grey up in here! Amiright?
So next time you start a par-tea with your kettle, consider these health benefits:
- The polyphenols and phytochemicals found in tea help to fight off cell-damaging free radicals and protect your body against a whole host of degenerative illness including cardiovascular disease, stroke and some cancers.
- Tea is hydrating — yes, even despite the caffeine. If you stock up on a wide range of black, green, oolong and herbal blends you can drink tea all the day long! This is a great way for people who struggle to drink plain ol’ water to get their required H2O intake. It’s easy to make your own iced-tea with a cooled-down cuppa and some filtered water and natural sweetener. I love filling a water bottle up with half green tea, half filtered water and some seasonal fruits (like berries) and letting it simmer into awesomeness overnight then chugging it throughout the work day.
- Drinking tea is linked with a lower risk of Parkinson’s disease. A study found that when considered with other factors like physical activity and age, regular tea drinking was associated with a lowered risk in men and women.
- Green tea has been found to increase bone mineral density and strength.
- Tea bolsters your immune system, keeping infection at bay. When 21 volunteers drank either five cups of tea or coffee each day for four weeks, researchers saw higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers.
- Tea, especially green tea, increases your metabolism.
- The beau-tea is in the blends. There is a blended herbal tea for EVERYTHING. There is a tea to help you with insomnia, cold ’n’ flu, anxiety, poor libido, IBS, pregnancy, digestion, brain fog, menstrual symptoms, detox — you name it. Do some research and create your very own apothecary inside your pantry!
And — sweet chai of mine, if you were one of the clever clogs who ordered the September Vegan Box you will have the beginning of your brewtiful collection already. This months’s box has the delicious Cheeky Chai blend from Cuppa and Co and it is a warming blend of spices that is positively divine with a teaspoon of coconut sugar and a splash of soy milk. Get sippin’ hot-teas (that’s you)!