Have you had a chance to check out your goodies from your new November box?! This month, along with some other delicious and fabulous products, is a little bottle of Sweet Balsamic Reduction by the team at Jomeis Fine Foods.
Lets just be honest here, I am pretty much a salad addict. Even through winter you will find me munching on leafy greens and other seasonal vegetables. I tend to stick to my favorite combinations when I’m busy so I was pleased that this little bottle of Sweet Balsamic Reduction inspired me to try something new!
While I tend to dress my salads with a simple combination of olive oil and lemon, or a tahini and miso blend, this sweet balsamic is so delicious,it is a stand out ingredient on its own, transforming any salad into something rather spectacular.
Give this classic salad with a twist a try- its fast, delicious, can be prepared ahead, is full of nutrients and will appeal to vegans and non vegans alike! If you create a great recipe with your own Sweet Balsamic Reduction from Jomeis Fine Foods, be sure to share it in the comments below! I think it would be fabulous with a strawberry and baby spinach salad too…
- 2 cups of fresh leafy greens roughly chopped- I used rocket and purple kale
- 1 cup of purple cabbage finely chopped
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes roasted with a little salt and olive oil
- 1/2 a small apple finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of activated walnuts (I used Loving Earths) roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of mung bean(or your favorite) sprouts
- 1 Lebanese cucumber sliced
- 1/2 a dozen mint leaves finely chopped
Chop the sweet potatoes into bite sized cubes and allow them to roast while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Combine all the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss well
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Sweet Balsamic Reduction by Jomeis Fine Foods
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of coconut nectar
- a good dash of Himalayan salt
Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together until well combined and then pour over the salad.
Mix well to combine and then serve salad into two bowls.
Top with a little extra mint and enjoy!